Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Straight From the Mouth of 'From Frights to Flaws' by Sunayna Prasad



Sunayna Prasad has been writing since she was six year old. Her novel, From Frights to Flaws, is her fifth novel and first installment of the series, Alyssa McCarthy’s Magical Missions. The book is available to be seen on www.goodreads.com. Sunayna’s website is www.sunaynaprasadbooks.com.



Thanks for letting us interrogate interview you!  Can you give us a go-for-the-gut answer as to why you wanted to be an author?


I like to share my ideas.


Tell us (we won’t tell promise!) is it all it’s cracked up to be?  I mean what are the perks and what are the demands?


Other people can see and get opinions of my work. So far, my book got a lot of positive reactions.


Which route did you take – traditional or self-published – and can you give us the nitty gritty low down on what’s that like?


I self-published the book, because I like being in control and getting published fast. I submitted the book and cover to the publisher, they formatted it into book page formats, I set the prices, and the book was distributed.


What’s the snarkiest thing you can say about the publishing industry (e.g. rejections, the long wait, etc.)


The amount of time for the publishing company I used is usually three to four months. Some things in the company slowed down, so my book was published five months after I submitted it.


Tell us for real what your family feels about you spending so much time getting your book written, polished, edited, formatted, published, what have you?


I am very shy about telling them. Although, my mom wants to read it now.


What was the craziest or insane thing that happened to you in the book publishing process?


My book being published without the publishing staff notifying me.


How about the social networks?  Which ones do you believe help and which ones do you wish you could avoid?


Facebook helped a lot. There aren’t really any that I could avoid.


Book sales.  Don’t you just love them (or lack of?)?  How are you making the sales happen for you?


A giveaway on Goodreads. Nearly 75 people have marked it to-read. Although one person bought it and that was a relative in my family.


What is one thing you’d like to jump on the rooftop and scream about?


A couple of pre-publication reviews that I couldn’t stand read, because they complained about things and twisted the content to make it completely wrong.


Okay, too much sugar for you today!  Here’s a nice cup of Chamomile tea and come on over and sit under the cabana and watch the waves roll in.  Now…can you tell us what you love about being a published author and how all those things above doesn’t matter because it’s all part of the whole scheme of things and you wouldn’t have it any other way?


I was happy that I received more positive reviews.



No comments: