Thursday, September 4, 2014

Straight From the Mout of Natsuya Uesugi, author of grydscaen

ABOUT GRYDSCAEN

grydscaenTitle: grydscaen
Genre: Science Fiction/Fantasy
Author: Natsuya Uesugi
Publisher: Xlibris
EBook: 288 pages
Release Date: July 21, 2011

 Follow the lives of the main characters as they come together in the backstory to grydscaen:retribution, the first volume of the grydscaen saga. Faid is tired of life on the run in the Echelons, trying to keep his psychic power in check, he founds the Packrats establishing a safe haven for psychics. As a hacker he uses his jack to support his neurocyne habit. Lino is recruited by the Psi Faction and is sent on a mission to kidnap Faid. Riuho, Lino’s half brother becomes a prisoner of the Elite military and they experiment on him, train him and subject him to mind control, then send him out on a mission. On his return, Riuho is set on escaping and recruits Faid who hacks into the Psi Faction systems. They escape and return to the Packrats leading up to the start of grydscaen:retribution.

Xlibris

Can you give us a go-for-the-gut answer as to why you wanted to be an author?

I wanted to be an author because I have a message that needs to be heard. I wanted to provide role models for LGBT youth and give a voice to LGBT youth homelessness, mental illness, stopping bullying, and LGBT equality and equal rights. These were the messages that drive me to write.

Tell us (we won’t tell promise) is it all it’s cracked up to be? I mean what are the perks and what are the demands?

I am a writer because I want to ensure the message gets heard. I want the message to get out there. That is the most important thing. If I can change one reader’s heart one person at a time then I will have accomplished my task on a small scale. I am shooting for the world.

Which route did you take – traditional or self-published – and can you give us the nitty gritty low down on what’s that like?

I took the self-published route because I didn’t want to have to wait to get the message out. The message was too important to leave hidden in the recesses.

Tell us for real what your family feels about you spending so much time getting your book written, polished, edited, formatted, published, what have you?

My parents think that I spend too much time on my books and that it is only a hobby that I should not devote all this time to. They think I need to just sit back and do nothing and stop writing. I will never do that, the message is important and if I can provide role models for LGBT youth then I will do that. That was the goal.

In writing your book, how did you deal with the phone ringing, our family needing dinner or your boss calling you saying you’re late?

Turned off the phone. I am single, no family to support. And for my boss. I go to work at 5:00AM in the morning, and work in technology as a systems analyst I am at work way before my boss even wakes up. I should tell him that he is late. LoL.

No comments: