Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Interview with Christiane Banks, author of Amelia's Prayer

635981_Tour-Banner_L1

 

Inside the Book:

Amelia's Prayer

Title: Amelia's Prayer 
Author: Christiane Banks 
Publisher: iUniverse 
Genre: Religious Fiction 
Format: Ebook/Hardcover/Paperback

Sebastian Lavalle is just fifteen when he leaves home in 1934 to join the navy. Seven years later, Sebastian unfortunately knows all too well about the horrors of World War II and what it is like to fear the unknown. When repairs force his ship to the rugged shore of Newcastle, the young French naval officer is invited to a tea dance to celebrate Bastille Day. He seizes the opportunity, hoping to find comfort and a small taste of the home he misses so much. Amelia Sullivan, the daughter of Irish immigrant parents is thrilled to be attending the tea dance. When Sebastian's eyes find her in the crowd, he drinks in her exotic beauty. Moments later as he draws her into his arms for a dance, there is no doubt in his mind that he has just met the woman of his dreams. Days later, Sebastian professes his love and marries her, sending them both on an unforgettable journey through betrayal, survival and forgiveness. The saga takes the reader from England's coast, to the French Riviera and also to America. Their soul searching journey explores the many facets and depths of love leading to the realization of what true happiness means.. Amelia's Prayer is a tender and moving saga spanning forty years after two young souls are flung together during World War II.  


ORDER INFORMATION
Amelia's Prayer is available for order at
amazon


The Interview:

Who or what is the inspiration behind the book?

I was raised on the north east coast of England in the 1950s as the world was trying to recover from the effects of World War II. I grew up listening to many sincere, heart wrenching and redeeming stories. It seemed a natural thing to do was to put them down into words and share them.

Is this your first published book and if so, can you tell us your experiences and finding a publisher for it?

Yes, this is my first published book, and my first time publishing. I chose to go through self-publishing/assisted publishing. I chose this route because I did a lot of research and as Amelia’s Prayer was my first novel and I am a first time unknown. Mainstream seemed to be not an option. I researched self-publishing and assisted publishing and decided on IUniverse as the best choice for me because I am a Canadian and IUniverse have a book signing – agreement with Chapters’ Indigo.

Where do you live and if I were coming to town where would we go to talk books? 

I am very fortunate to live in Canada, a small town west of Toronto called Milton. It is nestled on the bottom of the Niagara escarpment where there are many beautiful trails and walks. One of my favourite is in an area named Hilton Falls on the Bruce Trail. The trail takes you to a peaceful waterfall. On the way there is a stretch of pine trees and the path meanders through them. The trees reach so high and they are so close to one another. The effect it creates in my mind is of being inside a Gothic cathedral. That is where I would take you to talk books.

When you are not writing, what do you do to relax and have fun?

I like to walk on some of our wonderful trails; listen to music and spend quality time with my husband and family, and to travel. I enjoy live theatre and acting and helping behind the scenes. I enjoy playing with my grandchildren.

Do you make a living off your books or do you have another job? 

I do not make a living off my book at this time. I do have a day job, I run a mobile hair and beauty service. I mostly take care of seniors and housebound clients. I am also a licensed reflexologist.

Meet the Author:

Christiane Banks lives in Ontario, Canada, with her husband. Amelia's Prayer, which took six years to write, is her debut novel.

No comments: