Monday, September 6, 2021

Straight From the Mouth of Author E.P. Bellows

Meet Ferdinand, the fearless hopper...

By E.P. Bellows


Meet Ferdinand, the fearless hopper...

At first sight you might believe you were looking at an ordinary old frog; but that is not the case. Ferdinand is a hopper, a rather extraordinary creature. It is true that to some, Ferdinand’s appearance leaves something to be desired. From a hoppers perspective there is nothing more handsome than a pudgy, well fed belly and a decent pair of long gangly legs. His friends aren’t quite sure how old he is; they lost track after one hundred fifty-seven. What they do know is that he is brave to a fault, always right (at least he thinks so), and a loyal friend. He also carries an important burden. Ferdinand is


one of the few remaining go-between in the realm. He will be waiting at the passageway to bring you to Azra’s Pith. Don’t be late… it puts him in a lousy mood!

 Ferdinand’s ten pet peeves….

1. Tardiness

2. Skipping meals

3. Cold Weather

4. Hot Weather

5. Flying

6. Hungry giant birds

7. Angry Sorcerers

8. Dark Magic

9. Dirt Pips

10. Being called a frog



A few random things about me…

Um, let’s see… when I was eight, I had a pet turkey. I used to take it with me on my very short lived paper route. Needless to say, I was terrible at delivering the paper. No one wanted a “Dollar Saver” with turkey poop splattered across the front page. Apparently that’s where the best coupons are.

Books… well, “Treasure Island” is a fantastic pirate tale. I love just about anything by Roald Dahl. I would also like to thank C.S Lewis for sending me on an unrelenting childhood quest for portals to amazing worlds (even in the most unpleasant locations, e.g… the older brother’s closet, etc…)

I write fantasy stories for children. Yep – I am a HUGE fantasy geek. I can’t help myself! It’s too darn awesome to escape to another realm with sorcerers and wizards. The underlying theme in my stories is empowerment, self love, and living purposefully.

When football is on I turn into a different person. I may even use a curse word or two… or three. I enjoy running; which is a good thing because I need to do it in order to fit into my jeans.

I love to cook and really, really love to eat. I have a theory that avocados actually contain super powers and have the amazing ability to make any snack epic. I also love garlic… which, according to my loved ones, also has an unfortunate super power … the pungent breath-inator… or something of that nature.

Few things make me smile more than chocolate, cheese… AND, if the Chargers would make it to the Super Bowl again – just once:)

WEBSITE & SOCIAL LINKS:

WEBSITE | TWITTER | FACEBOOK |INSTAGRAM


BOOK PURCHASING LINK

No comments: